Come join us this coming Sunday. It’s the 4th Sunday of Advent. We celebrate this special time of year anticipating Jesus’ arrival.
Readings: Micah 5:2-5a, Psalm 80:1-7, Hebrews 10:5-10, Luke 1:39-55.
Awake, awake and greet the new morn, for angels herald its dawning. Sing out your Joy, for soon He is born, behold the Child of our longing. (ELW 242)
Hayride – Christmas Caroling
Come and join us on Sunday, December 23rd beginning at 5:30 pm for a fun-filled activity of Christmas Caroling and Hayride around the town. We will be singing the wonderful Christmas carols that we all love. We’ll also stop for some hot chocolate and goodies along the way. It’s a great activity to celebrate the Christmas season.
Candle Light Christmas Eve Service
Our family Christmas Eve Service is Monday evening, December 24th at 7:00 pm. Please join us for this heart-warming, special service of carols and readings celebrating the birth of Jesus. Children will be decorating our tree during this special service.
- December 2nd – 1st Sunday of Advent, 10:00 am
- December 3rd – Santa’s Shop at Good Samaritan Home in Simla
- December 9th – 2nd Sunday of Advent. 10:00 am
- December 9th – 3:00 pm service at Good Samaritan Home
- December 16th – 3rd Sunday of Advent, 10:00 am
- December 16th – Potluck following service
- December 23rd – 4th Sunday of Advent, 10:00 am
- December 23rd – Caroling/Hayride 5:30 pm
- December 24th – Christmas Eve Candelight Service 7:00 pm
- December 25th – Our Savior’s Birth – Christmas Day
- December 30th – First Sunday of Christmas, 10:00 amJanuary 1st – New Year’s Day
Special Activities to join….
Can you believe it??!! Christmas will soon be here. Food, gifts, families, and friends are in our thoughts Our households also often look for opportunities to make the holidays special for those who might not have as many resources as ourselves. Here at St. Paul we have traditionally offered options that may be just the ticket for your holiday giving.
Donate used mittens, gloves, scarfs, coats to your local pantry.
To find out more about these great opportunities, click on following link
Quilting group meets every 3rd Sunday following our fellowship time. Come and join this special time as we sew and make quilts to give to those that are in need.
Bible Study takes place the 2nd and 4th Mondays. Dee Ozburn leads this special time. Time is 1:00 pm. Join this special time to learn more about the love of God.
Come join us for our monthly potluck
where we celebrate all birthdays and anniversaries for the month. Join in the food and fellowship on every 3rd Sunday right after church.
- Amazon will donate 5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to Saint Paul Evangelical Lutheran Church and Preschool whenever you shop on AmazonSmile.
- AmazonSmile is the same Amazon you know. Same products, same prices, same service.
The perfect gift
|Antoine de Saint-Exupéry said, “Love does not consist in gazing at each other but in looking outward together in the same direction.” At Christmas we celebrate God coming to earth to look outward with us in the same direction, from our perspective and experience.Jesus was an ordinary person: He learned to talk and walk like any toddler, learned a trade from his father and acquired the habits of faith from his family. In adulthood, Jesus experienced life as we all do: the challenge of hard work, grief at a loved one’s death, heartache over oppression and the world’s great needs — but also joy in celebration, fellowship with neighbors and deep friendship.God personally knows our every experience, emotion and need — because Jesus, while fully divine, lived as a full human being. He has gazed at the world, life and even death from our direction, giving us the perfect Christmas gift: love.|
465total visits,1visits today