Please come and join us on each Second Sunday of every month as we share a worship service with our friends at Good Samaritan Center. Our service is from 3:00 to 3:30 pm.
12th Annual Christmas Store
Summer is behind us and now as we continue into the Fall Season, before the snow really flies, we will be hosting the Christmas Store at Simla Good Samaritan on Monday, December 4th, 2017 at 3 p.m.
We donate new and slightly used items to the 23 residents so they have an opportunity to go Christmas shopping – for free – for their family, friends or themselves right there at the center. It is an event that they look forward to each year.
Please drop off your donations in the Christmas gift-wrapped box that will be in the Narthex beginning November 12. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Sally, Andrea or Carolyn.
On Monday December 4th, we will gather at the church at 2 p.m. to load up the donations to take to Simla and display them so the residents will be able to begin shopping at 3 p.m. Volunteers are needed to assist the residents so just let one of us know if you would like to be a part of this celebration. Look for a list of items in our weekly church bulletin very soon.
Thank you! Sally 719-347-2785; Carolyn 719-347-2229; Andrea 719-347-2798
- Men’s sweat pants or PJ’s: 1 each in size medium, large, x-large
- Western flannel shirt with snap buttons in XL or 2XL
- Men’s pants in size 44×30, any color in soft fabric
- After shave lotion; 3-Blade razor; nose hair clippers; combs & brushes
- Handkerchief’s and suspenders, about 2-3 each
- Night gowns in medium, large, x-large and 2xl, about 3 each
- Hair bows, ties & clips; curlers (brush or plastic), shower caddy (3)
- Hand lotions, body butter and bath powder, nail polish, Chapstick
- Baby Dolls & some baby clothes for those babies, about 2 or 3 sets
- Stocking caps and scarves, mittens and soft gloves (large, x-l)
- Sports clothing for Rockies and Broncos, shirts or scarves
- Fuzzy socks for anyone as well as tube socks (they stretch easier, large, x-l)
- Game Books like Word Finder, etc., Checkers, large print books for reading
- Fleece blankets for twin bed or lap robe size
- Stuffed animals, baby dolls, toy trucks or cars
- Picture frames, some necklaces, wallets or coin purses
- Puffs Kleenex boxes (lots)
- Adult coloring books and pencils (3 each)
- Holiday candy jars, sugar free candy, chocolates
Good Sam asks that no candles, dishes/pans/cups, calendars, stationary, Christmas decorations or cards be donated. They either cannot use or have an abundant supply. Thank you for your support for this holiday gifting.
Just bring your donated items to church and put in the box in the narthex.