Please come and join us on each Second Sunday of every month as we share a worship service with our friends at Good Samaritan Center. Our service is from 3:00 to 3:30 pm.
14th Annual Santa Christmas Store at Good Samaritan
Summer is behind us and now as we continue into the Fall/Winter season, our church will be hosting the Christmas Store at Simla Good Samaritan on Monday, December 2, 2019 at 3 p.m.
We donate new and slightly used items to the 27 residents so they have an opportunity to go Christmas shopping – for free – for their family, friends or themselves right there at the center. It is an event that they look forward to each year.
Please drop off your donations in the Christmas gift-wrapped box that will be in the Narthex beginning November 17 at St. Paul Lutheran. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Sally, Andrea or Carolyn.
On December 2, we will gather at the church at 2 p.m. to load up the donations to take to Simla and display them so the residents will be able to begin shopping at 3 p.m. Volunteers are needed to assist the residents so just let one of us know if you would like to be a part of this celebration.
Thank you! Sally 719-347-2785; Carolyn 719-347-2229; Andrea 719-347-2798
Suggested Gift Ideas – December 2, 2019 @ 3 p.m. in Simla
- Stocking caps, mittens and soft gloves (large, x-l),
- Sports clothing for Rockies and Broncos
- Shirts or scarves (they love these!)
- Fuzzy socks for anyone as well as tube socks (they stretch easier, large, x-l)
- Puffs/Kleenex boxes – there is a difference;(no lotions or Vicks in them)
- Fleece blankets for twin bed or lap robe size (5 to 7)
- Stuffed animals, toy trucks or cars, hot wheels, bouncy balls, dice, small football
- Western CD movies, some necklaces, wallets or coin purses
- Puffs Kleenex boxes (lots)
- CD Music from Big Band era, Country & Western, 40’s music
- Holiday candy jars, sugar free candy, chocolates
- Adult coloring books with colored pencils (2 to 6)
- Anything you can think of that would make these residents smile
- Jewelry like necklaces, pins, clip on earrings
- Clip on and regular sunglasses (2-4)
- Shopping bags and tissue sheet as we wrap their gifts for them
Good Sam asks that no candles, dishes/pans/cups, calendars, stationary, Christmas decorations or cards be donated. They either cannot use or have an abundant supply. Thank you for your support in this holiday gifting for the elderly at Good Samaritan in Simla