Click following link to read
Christmas Program Information
Sunday, December 10th around 11:15, right after
regular church service at ten.
Our students will be presenting a very special Christmas program with songs, and pictures of our students in costumes sharing the “old, old story” for Christmas. We will be working on the program for the next two weeks during preschool class and our presentation will be right after church on Sunday, December 10th. Please plan to attend this program. We need every single student in our program to join. We would love to have our congregation and any family members you would like to have come and watch with us. Before December 6th, please bring in a baby picture of you, and a picture with you and your child. We will scan the picture and return it to you. During the month of December we will be studying Christmas around the world. If you would like to share in any of the lessons,, please feel free to come in and share. I have attached a calendar to this newsletter.
Our students shared cinnamon rolls and snack with six wonderful Veterans. We had the pleasure of being with the Veterans pictured above. They shared the jobs they did in the service and some of their experiences of being in the military. It was wonderful and we are so thankful for each of our military personnel currently serving and those who have served our country in the past. For those of you who may not get the Ranchland News, we had a short article and picture in the November 16th issue.
Our students will be sharing a snack with their grandparents and grandparents will be able to do a “show and tell” of something they enjoyed as a child. November is a time to be thankful and we want our grandparents to know how very special they are to us.
We have created a calendar using pictures from the church and student pictures. These calendars will sell for $5.00 each. Please look at the sample calendar hanging on the preschool bulletin board. (This will be available on Thursday of this week – Nov. 30). Please consider ordering extra copies for grandparents, aunts and uncles, etc. 🙂 We will be taking orders through December 12th. Calendars will be ready for pick up before Christmas.
We are so excited to have a total of ten students attending preschool at this time. There is a possibility of adding two more bringing us up to twelve students in December. The total number of students we can have is fifteen and we would love to have our program filled. If you are aware of anyone who may want to enroll their child in our preschool, please share the information with them. We love the students we currently have enrolled and enjoy each day sharing educational experiences. Thank you so much!
I wanted to be sure to give special thanks to everyone who donated prizes and time for our Halloween carnival. I also wanted to give extra thanks to Mr. Doyle Stroup for his time sharing the fire truck and teaching us how to “Stop, Drop and Roll”. Also I wanted to thank King Soopers for their generous donation of pumpkins for our pumpkin patch in October. Simla Library was represented by Tim (Special thanks to Wendy Walp) who brought an individual bag for each of our students. Information on child development was included for parents as well as a calendar for literacy activities and book suggestions for 1000 books before Kindergarten! What great information! I believe most of our parents signed up to get a library card for their child. Finally a special thanks needs to go to Sally and George Fosha for painting our playground! I don’t think I remembered to send these thanks. If I did, they were all worth thanking twice!! Thank you!!
A new book order will go out this week and will be ordered the following Thursday. They will be back in time for Christmas. If you want your order to be a secret as a gift for your child, I will hold it back separate in the office and you can pick it up there without your child knowing. The Book club is having a special thing for Christmas where you can donate a new pair of pajamas and they will donate the pajamas with a book to students who may not get Christmas otherwise. If you would like to donate a pair of pajamas, please have them at the church by December 13th.
Please let Mrs. Henry know if you would like for your preschool child to do a gift exchange on the day of the party. Each student would bring a gift with a $5.00 limit. Students who would like to participate would then trade gifts with other students who brought a gift.. We can do a pajama and hot cocoa party with a movie or we can have a party with a gift exchange or we can do both. The party is scheduled for Thursday, December 21st. This is a day we would like to have ALL students attend together even if it isn’t a typical day for your child. This is our last day before Christmas vacation. We do not return to preschool until January 9th. Calhan school does go back on the 4th and 5th, but we are going an extra two days before Christmas.
Please have your child learn the following songs:
C-H-R-I-S-T-M-A-S: When I was but a youngster, Christmas meant one thing, That I’d be getting lots of toys that day. I learned a whole lot diff’rent when Mother sat me down and taught me to spell Christmas this way: C is for thee Christ child, born upon this day, H for Herald angels in the night, R means our Redeemer, I means Israel; S is for the star that shone so bright, T is for three wise men, they who traveled far, m is for the manger where he lay. A’s for all He stands for, S means shepherds came, and that’s why there’s a Christmas Day.
Away in the Manger: Away in a manger, no crib for a bed. The little Lord Jesus laid down His sweet head. The stars in the sky looked down where he lay. The little Lord Jesus asleep on the hay. 2. The cattle are lowing, the baby awakes, but little Lord Jesus, no crying He makes. I love you, Lord Jesus! Look down from the sky and stay by my cradle till morning is nigh. 3 Be near me, Lord Jesus, I ask you to stay close by me forever and love me I pray. Bless all the dear children in your tender care and take us to heaven to live with you there.
- Special Dates to Remember
- November 30-Grandparents Day
- November 28th-December 8th-Christmas Program practice
- December 3rd-First Sunday in Advent
- December 6th-Advent Services
- December 10th-Christmas Program at 11:00 a.m., Second Sunday in Advent
- December 13th-Advent Services
- December 14th and 15th-TOP SECRET DAYS in Preschool (Parent Gifts)
- December 17th-Third Sunday in Advent, Sunday School and Pot Luck
- December 18th-Preschool in Session (Friday students attend)
- December 19th-Preschool in Session (Tuesday students attend)
- December 20th-Preschool in Session (Wednesday Students attend);Advent Services
- December 21st-Preschool in Session-ALL students attend, Last day before Christmas
- December 21st through January 8th-Christmas Vacation
- December 24th-Christmas Eve, Fourth Sunday in Advent-Regular Church service at 10:00 a.m., Christmas Eve evening service at eight p.m.
- December 25-Christmas; Christmas Service at 10:00 a.m.
- December 31st-New Year’s Eve; Regular church service at 10:00 a.m.
- January 9th-Classes resume at St. Paul Lutheran Preschool
- A Time for Sharing: Read John 3: 1-21
- A Time for Memories: Read Luke 1: 68-79
- A Time for Greeting: Read Luke 1: 39-55
- A Time for Charity: Read Matthew 25: 31-40
- A Time for Visiting: Read Romans 15: 1-7
- A Time for Hope: Read John 4:1-6
- A Time for Faith: Read Isaiah 55: 6-11
- A Time for Promise: Read Galatians 3:23-4:7
- A Time for Candles: Read John 1: 1-14
- A Time for Music: Read Psalm 150
- A Time for Being in Touch: Read John 15: 1-11
- A Time for Rushing: Read Luke 10: 38-42
- A Time for Singing: Read Colossians 3:12-17
- A Time for Family: Read Luke 1: 5-80
- A Time for Decorations: Read Psalm 118:19-29
- A Time for Baking: Read John 6:32-40
- A Time for Love: Read 1 Thessalonians 3:11-13
- A Time for Solitude: Read 2 Corinthians 1:3-7
- A Time for Remembering: Read Isaiah 25: 6-9
- A Time for Peace: Read Matthew 11:25-30
- A Holiday: Read Hebrews 4:9-16
- A Time to Give Thanks: Read 2 Corinthians 9:6-15
- A Time for Blessings: Read Ephesians 3:14-21
- A Time for Gifts: Read Ephesians 2:4-10
- God With Us: Read Luke 1-20
Born foR us
A Son Is Given
Upon HiM; And
He is nAmed