Community Outreach Center (COC) Submitted by
2018 – FREE INCOME TAX PREPARATION
The Community Outreach Center in Calhan has partnered with AARP to provide FREE income tax preparation to rural residents.
Appointment are preferred, walk-ins are welcome, but be prepared to spend some extra time. Offered on the following Wednesdays.
- February 7
- February 14
- February 21
- February 28
- March 7
- March 14
- March 21
- March 28
- April 4
- April 11
Location: Swink Hall on the El Paso County Fairgrounds.
Please contact Patty Jolly to schedule an appointment after January 8, 2018 – 719-347-7638 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: AARP membership is not required and there are no age or income limits. There is a large list of forms that can be prepared. The following are forms that CANNOT be prepared under this program:
- Schedule C (Business profit & loss) if a business had a net loss or expenses exceed $10,000
- Complicated Schedule D without proper paperwork (Capital Gains & Losses)
- Schedule E (Rental Property) with expenses, including depreciation
- Schedule F (Farm Income)
- 2106 (Employee Business Expenses)
- 3903 (Moving Expenses)
- 8615 (Minor’s Investment Income)
- Portions of Schedules A & B that are not included in our training
- Schedule K-1 that involves depreciation or deductible expenses
- Other rental income or business income
- Other States – Software is set up for only Colorado returns
What to Bring? ■ Social Security cards or other official documentation for yourself and all dependents ■Colorado Driver’s License or ID Card ■ Copy of last year’s income tax return ■ W-2 forms for each employer ■ Unemployment Compensation statements ■ SSA-1099 form if you were paid Social Security benefits ■ All 1099 Forms (1099-INT, 1099-DIV, 1099-MISC, etc.) showing interest and/or dividends, as well as documentation showing the original purchase price or basis of any assets sold ■ 1099 forms, if you received a pension or annuity ■ All forms indicating federal income tax paid ■ Childcare provider information (name, address, employer ID or Social Security number)■ Receipts or canceled checks, totaled by category, if itemizing deductions ■ Forms 1095, Health Care Coverage, if any received ■ Checkbook, if you desire to have Direct Deposit.