You may wish to download and print out for our online services.
Please remember in your prayers the following people in need of God’s care and healing…
- Simla Good Samaritan Home
- Jo Ann
- family of Debbie S.
- family of Jerry Allen
Service Men and Women
Meagan Hasty Brandon Teetor
These names will remain on our list for two weeks unless otherwise notified. Prayer requests can be written on the clipboard in the Narthex and are taken by the Ushers as you come into the Narthex for worship service or the office. Thank you.
- Will you consider being Lectors, Cantors, Ushers, and Assistant Ministers! … We would like to start using Worship Servants again. Please find the sign-up sheet on the bulletin board by the office. Thank you, Andrea
- Wednesday evening Lenten Worship…Join us for our last Holden Evening Service, Wednesday, March 24th at 7pm.
- Holy Week, March 28-April 4!…Palm Sunday-10am
- 3/29: Corporate Confession and Forgiveness – 7pm
- 3/30: Service of Healing – 7pm
- 3/31: Stations of the Cross – 8am to 8pm
- 4/1: Maundy Thursday – 7pm
- 4/2: Good Friday – 7pm
- 4/3: Great Vigil of Easter – 7pm
- 4/4: Resurrection of Our Lord – 10am
*Potluck and egg hunt following Worship
- A Note from the Office… I have been asked to share a bit of news. AJ and I have decided to sell our home here in Calhan. Our goal is to get it ready and list sometime in March. We have no way of knowing how long the process will take so I have given a tentative date of resignation as church administrator and church musician of June 1, 2021. I am being called in a new direction and will be leaving the state. This has not been an easy decision for me as I’ve lived here and worked at St. Paul Lutheran longer than any other place. I am at peace, and as we move forward this feels very right. I am sure I’ll be back to visit as I’ve got children, grandchildren, and many friends here. I will dearly miss my church family but am excited to begin this new chapter.
With much love,
AARP free tax preparation services.
As in the past there are no membership or age requirements to have AARP prepare your taxes at N/C. The factor is the complexity of the return. They do not prepare farm income returns, returns for businesses or returns from other states (COLO only).
Tax-Aide volunteers are located nationwide, and are trained and IRS-certified every year to make sure they know about and understand the latest changes and additions to the tax code. Tax help is provided in safe environments using a variety of methods based on a number of factors, including where you are located, COVID-19 spread, and volunteer availability.
This webpage will be updated in early February with new features to make it easier for taxpayers to request tax help.
The phone number to call to get on their list for appointments is:
You will most likely need to leave a message. They will explain the protocol when your phone call is returned.
Thank you and have a safe healthy week!
Ways to be a Light to Others…..
- Remember those in need by donating to our local food pantry. The giving of clothes, food, and monetary donations can be so helpful during this time.
- Buy lunch or supper for someone in need or someone you might not even know.
- Call a person to just visit.
- Send a card to a shut-in, a service worker and those who are serving overseas.